Georgian Research and Educational Networking Association - GRENA is union registered in Tbilisi, Georgia under the Georgian law on July 26, 1999.
GRENA has acquired experience in advanced networking technologies such as fiber-optic, wireless etc.
GRENA is running Cisco Regional Networking Academy, Distance Learning Center, GRID distributed computing facility incorporated in the European GRID Infrastructure and Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Development of projects is being carried out in cooperation with universities with the support of European Commission, NATO Science Programme, Open Society - Georgia Foundation and International Science & Technology Center.
The main activities of GRENA are the following:
• Development of the computer networking infrastructure and implementation of new services to connect educational and research institutions of Georgia, international organizations working in education and their programs into unique information system.
• Providing connectivity to international networks.
• Support of development of the information systems in educational and research institutions.
• User training and support, certificated education.
• Organizing of conferences and special thematic workshops.
• Promoting and supporting the ICT development in Georgia.